Here at the Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) we recognize that traditional family homes aren’t for every cat. Working cats are healthy but independent cats from local shelters available to community members looking for natural pest deterrents. Whether you run a business or maintain a barn, we can help you find the perfect working cat for your workspace. Working cats are placed up for adoption as they become available. Please contact us if you are interested in being on our working cats call list.
- No adoption fee.
- Provides natural pest control.
- Vaccinated and spayed/neutered.
- Frequently adopted in pairs to keep each other company.
- Ideal for barns, warehouses, churches, factories, dairy farms, etc.
- Provides previously homeless animals with a safe place to live.
- Helps reduce the number of cats killed in shelters.
- Adopters must provide food, water, shelter, and any necessary veterinary care.
- Adopters will need to allow two to four weeks for the cats to acclimate to the new space.
- FeLV/FIV Testing
- Acclimation Recommendations
- Medium Transporting Crate
- Core Vaccinations
Examples of Working Cats Around the Country
- Los Angeles Flower Market, Los Angeles, CA
- Empirical Brewery, Chicago, IL
- Austin Police Mounted Patrol, Austin, TX
- Ramy Turf Products, St. Paul, MN